The 72nd “Okiten2020 Exhibition” is started.
Please apply for this exhibition with history and tradition as Okinawa’s largest art and craft exhibition.
We expected the motivated works.
- Application genre
- Painting / Printmaking / Sculpture / Graphic Design / Calligraphy / Photography
Crafts (Pottery, Lacquer ware, Dyeing, Weaving, Glass ware, Wood work)
Submission period / place
- Crafts, Calligraphy=Wednesday, 15th – Thursday, 16th January 2020
- Printmaking, Graphic Design, Photography = Monday, 20th – Tuesday, 21st January 2020
- Sculpture = Sunday, 26th – Monday, 27th January 2020
- Painting = Thursday, 30th- Friday, 31st January 2020
- Time: 11 am – 6 pm
- Location: Times Hall at The Okinawa Times (3rd Floor 2-2-2, Kumoji, Naha city, Okinawa 900-8678)
- Being over the age of 16, regardless of living in and out of Okinawa prefecture.
In each section
- General 8,000 yen
- Student 4,000 yen (Present your student ID or copy at desk)
- Application guidelines are here (common to all sections) 72nd Okiten Application Guidelines
- Okiten Exhibition Please refer to the list below for data on the catalog of exhibits.(Only available in Japanese)
- Graphic design
- Crafts (Pottery, Lacquer ware, Dyeing, Weaving, Glass ware, Wood work)
※ “Application Guidelines” and “List of Exhibitions” are also distributed at The Okinawa Times Head Office, and each branch office.
Carry out of Works are not chosen at the Selection
Crafts = Monday, 20 – Tuesday 21, January 2020
Printmaking, Graphic design, Calligraphy, Photography = Sunday, 26 – Monday, 27 January 2020
Sculpture = Thursday, 30 – Friday, 31 January 2020
Painting= Monday, 3 – Tuesday, 4 February 2020
※ Delivery place and time = Okinawa Times 3rd floor, Times Hall at 11 am – 6 pm
Carry out of Works for the Exhibition
Two days from 7th April (Tue) to 8th April (Wed) 2020 at 11 am – 6 pm after the end of the session
Delivery place = ANA ARENA Urasoe (Urasoe civil Gymnastics) Okiten exhibition hall entrance
※If there is no receipt within the return period, we will dispose of the product of the work as abandoned.
Review and recognition
Submissions will be judge by each steering committee.
- (1)Provide to the excellent work of Associate member the “Associate Member Award” (certificate of merit and prizes).
- (2)For general submissions, the best works are presented with “Okiten Award” for outstanding works, “Encouragement Award” for excellent works, “Urasoe Mayor Award”, “Uruma Mayor Award” and “e-no, Inc.Award” as special awards. Each award also presents a certificate of merit and prizes (e-no, Inc.Award). The “Okiten Award” has 1 work in each department, “Encouragement Award” is slight, but in the case of Crafts Category (Pottery • Lacquer ware • Dyeing • Weaving • Glass ware • Wood work), the Best Work by Event is ” Okiten Award “can be awarded. Also, the “Urasoe Mayor Award” and “Uruma Mayor Award” are presented to 12 genres, and the “e-no, Inc.Award” is somewhat out of the prize-winning works of 16 or over in each department.
- (3)“Awards ceremony / joint celebration ” will be held On March 22, 2020, 4:00pm, at Aim Universe Tedako Hall
Cultural Projects Division, The Okinawa Times
2-2-2, Kumoji, Naha-city, 900-8678
Tel: 098-860-3588 (weekdays from 10 am to 5 pm)
Announcement of selection results
It will be posted on the Okinawa Times press (the schedule below) and on the website.
|Crafts||January 19 (Sunday)|
|Calligraphy||January 21 (Tuesday)|
|Photography||January 24 (Friday)|
|Printmaking, Graphic design||January 25 (Saturday)|
|Sculpture||January 29 (Wednesday)|
About the exhibition
Dates : March 21, 2020 (Saturday) – April 5 (Sunday), totally 16 days
Time :10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Venue : ANA ARENA Urasoe (Urasoe civil Gymnastics)
Detailed rule of application (attention on exhibition) ※ Must-read
- (1)To apply, please use the prescribed “Okiten application form” and fill in all the bold lines.
- (2)”Unpublished work” in the Okiten is a work produced by a person himself/herself, and it is a work that has not won a prize or a prize in a competition etc. (The works at the Personal Exhibition, group exhibitions, graduation exhibitions are regarded as “Unpublished work”). However, there are some exceptions according to the regulations of each genre, so confirm “the rule of application”.
- (3)For judging, exhibition space, exhibition method etc, it is determined at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- (4)We pay close attention to keeping submissions. In case of accident or damage due to others, we will keep damages indemnity insurance and will compensate for damages on the premise of restoration within the amount compensated by the insurance. However, the organizer is not responsible for the damage, etc. of the work due to force majeure. Those who seem to need it please subscribe to insurance at your own discretion.
- (5)Exhibitor should obtain permission individually for copyright and portrait rights. Make sure that copyright and portrait rights problems do not arise and handle problems at the exhibitor’s responsibility if problems arise.
- (6)If the organizer acknowledges that the exhibitor has some influence on screening, carrying-in / carrying-out, exhibitions, etc. even after accepting the work, he/she should follow the instructions by the organizer.
- (7)Relevant to Okiten, the exhibitors know that it will be used for printed materials such as TV, newspapers, magazines, and Internet of works, photos and articles etc. and agree to leave the publication and copyright to the organizer.
- (8)For information on exhibited works about Prize Winner and Okiten Members • Associate Members, will be announced in Okinawa Times publications, website, catalogs, “exhibition cards” in exhibition halls, etc.
- (9)Those that are against the provisions of the application guidelines shall be disqualified.