The 74th “Okiten2023 Exhibition” is started.
Please apply for this exhibition with history and tradition as Okinawa’s largest art and craft exhibition.
We expected the motivated works.
- Application genre
- Painting / Printmaking / Sculpture / Graphic Design / Calligraphy / Photography
/ Pottery / Lacquer ware / Dyeing / Weaving / Glass ware / Wood work
Submission period / place
- Pottery, Lacquer ware, Dyeing, Weaving, Glass ware, Wood work, Calligraphy=Wednesday, 11th – Thursday, 12th January 2023
- Printmaking, Graphic Design, Photography = Monday, 16th – Tuesday, 17th January 2023
- Sculpture = Sunday, 22nd – Monday, 23rd January 2023
- Painting = Thursday, 26th- Friday, 27th January 2023
- Time: 10 am – 5 pm
- Location: Times Hall at The Okinawa Times (3rd Floor 2-2-2, Kumoji, Naha city, Okinawa 900-8678)
- Being over the age of 16, regardless of living in and out of Okinawa prefecture.
In each section
- General 8,000 yen
- U30(age of 20-29) 4,000 yen (Present your ID card at desk)
- U20(age of 16-19) 2,000 yen (Present your ID card at desk)
- Application guidelines are here (common to all sections) 74th Okiten Application Guidelines
- Okiten Exhibition Please refer to the list below for data on the catalog of exhibits.(Only available in Japanese)
- Graphic design/Photography
- Pottery, Lacquer ware, Dyeing, Weaving, Glass ware, Wood work
※ “Application Guidelines” and “List of Exhibitions” are also distributed at The Okinawa Times Head Office, and each branch office.
Carry out of Works are NOT chosen at the Selection
Pottery, Lacquer ware, Dyeing, Weaving, Glass ware, Wood work = Monday, 16 – Tuesday 17, January 2023
Printmaking, Graphic design, Calligraphy, Photography = Sunday, 22 – Monday, 23 January 2023
Sculpture = Thursday, 26 – Friday, 27 January 2023
Painting= Monday, 30 – Tuesday, 31 January 2023
※ Delivery place and time = Okinawa Times 3rd floor, Times Hall at 10 am – 5 pm
Carry out of Works for the Exhibition
Two days from 4th April (Tue) to 5th April (Wed) 2023 at 10 am – 5 pm after the end of the session
Delivery place = ANA ARENA Urasoe (Urasoe civil Gymnastics) Okiten exhibition hall entrance
※If there is no receipt within the return period, we will dispose of the product of the work as abandoned.
Review and recognition
Submissions will be judge by each steering committee.
- (1)Provide to the excellent work of Associate member the “Associate Member Award” (certificate of merit and prizes).
- (2)For general submissions, the best works are presented with “Okiten Award” for outstanding works, “Encouragement Award” for excellent works, “Urasoe Mayor Award”, “Uruma Mayor Award” and “e-no Rookie of the Year Award” as special awards. Each award also presents a certificate of merit and prizes (e-no Rookie of the Year Award). The “Okiten Award” has 1 work in each department, “Encouragement Award” is slight. Also, the “Urasoe Mayor Award” and “Uruma Mayor Award” are presented to 12 genres, and the “e-no Rookie of the Year Award” is somewhat out of the prize-winning works of U20 or U30 in each department.
- (3)“Awards ceremony / joint celebration ” will be held On March 19, 2023, 4:00pm, at Aim Universe Tedako Hall
Cultural Projects Division, The Okinawa Times
2-2-2, Kumoji, Naha-city, 900-8678
Tel: 098-860-3588 (weekdays from 10 am to 5 pm)
Announcement of selection results
It will be posted on the Okinawa Times press (the schedule below) and on the website.
|Pottery, Lacquer ware, Dyeing, Weaving, Glass ware, Wood work||January 15 (Sunday)|
|Calligraphy||January 17 (Tuesday)|
|Photography||January 20 (Friday)|
|Printmaking, Graphic design||January 21 (Saturday)|
|Sculpture||January 25 (Wednesday)|
|Painting||January 29 (Sunday)|
About the exhibition
Dates : March 18, 2023 (Saturday) – April 2 (Sunday), totally 16 days
Time :10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Venue : ANA ARENA Urasoe (Urasoe civil Gymnastics)
Detailed rule of application (attention on exhibition) ※ Must-read
- (1)To apply, please use the prescribed “Okiten application form” and fill in all the bold lines.
- (2)”Unpublished work” in the Okiten is a work produced by a person himself/herself, and it is a work that has not won a prize or a prize in a competition etc. (The works at the Personal Exhibition, group exhibitions, graduation exhibitions are regarded as “Unpublished work”). However, there are some exceptions according to the regulations of each genre, so confirm “the rule of application”.
- (3)For judging, exhibition space, exhibition method etc, it is determined at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- (4)We pay close attention to keeping submissions. In case of accident or damage due to others, we will keep damages indemnity insurance and will compensate for damages on the premise of restoration within the amount compensated by the insurance. However, the organizer is not responsible for the damage, etc. of the work due to force majeure. Those who seem to need it please subscribe to insurance at your own discretion.
- (5)Exhibitor should obtain permission individually for copyright and portrait rights. Make sure that copyright and portrait rights problems do not arise and handle problems at the exhibitor’s responsibility if problems arise.
- (6)If the organizer acknowledges that the exhibitor has some influence on screening, carrying-in / carrying-out, exhibitions, etc. even after accepting the work, he/she should follow the instructions by the organizer.
- (7)Relevant to Okiten, the exhibitors know that it will be used for printed materials such as TV, newspapers, magazines, and Internet of works, photos and articles etc. and agree to leave the publication and copyright to the organizer.
- (8)For information on exhibited works about Prize Winner and Okiten Members • Associate Members, will be announced in Okinawa Times publications, website, catalogs, “exhibition cards” in exhibition halls, etc.
- (9)Those that are against the provisions of the application guidelines shall be disqualified.