The 70th “Oki Exhibition” is started.
Please apply for this exhibition with history and tradition as Okinawa’s largest art and craft exhibition. We expected the motivated products.
- Application genre
- Painting / Printmaking / Sculpture / Graphic Design / Writing / Photography
Crafts (ceramic, lacquer, dyeing, textile, glass, wood craft)
Reception period / place
- Sculpture and crafting = Monday, 15th – Tuesday, 16th January 2018
- Prints, Photos, Writings, Graphic Design = Sunday, 21 – Monday, 22 January
- Painting = Wednesday, 31 January– Thursday ,1 February 2018
- Reception hours: 10 am – 7 pm
- Location: Okinawa Times (Company), 2nd Floor, Time Gallery/3rd Floor Times Hall(2-2, 2 – 2, Kumoji, Naha city, Okinawa 900-8678)
- Being over the age of 16, regardless of living in and out of Okinawa prefecture.
In each section
- General 7,000 yen
- Student 4,000 yen (Present your student ID or copy at reception)
- Application guidelines are here (common to all sections) 70th Okinawa Application Guidelines
- Oki Exhibition Please refer to the list below for data on the catalog of exhibits
- Graphic design
- Crafts (ceramic, lacquer, dyeing, textile, glass, wood craft)
※ “Application Guidelines” and “List of Exhibitions” are also distributed at the Okinawa Times Head Office (Cultural Affairs Bureau), and each branch office.
Carry out of Product Selection
Prints, sculptures, graphic designs, photography, crafts = Saturday, January 27, 2018
Painting / Drawing Department = February 4 (Sunday) – May 5 (Monday)2018
※ Delivery place and time = Okinawa Times 2nd floor, Times Gallery / 3rd floor, Times Hall at 10 am – 6 pm
Carry out of Product Exhibition
Two days from April 10 (Tue) to 11 (Wed) 2018 at 10 o’clock – 18 o’clock after the end of the session
Delivery place = Urasoe Gymnastics (Oki exhibition hall entrance)
※If there is no receipt within the return period, we will dispose of the product of the work as abandoned.
Review and recognition
Submissions will be judge by each operation committee.
- (1)Provide to the excellent work of Associate member the “Associate Member Award” (certificate of merit and prizes).
- (2)For general submissions, the best works are presented with “Oki Exhibition Award” for outstanding works, “Encouragement Prize” for excellent works, “Urasoe Mayor Award”, “Urumaichi Mayor Prize” and “Okinawa Educational Publication Award” as special awards. Each award also presents a certificate and prize ( Granted by Okinawa Educational Publication Award). The “Oki Exhibition Award” has 1 point in each department, “Encouragement Prize” is slight, but in the case of Crafts Category (Ceramics • Lacquer • Dyeing • Textile • Glass • Wood Craft), the Best Work by Event is ” Oki Exhibition Award “can be awarded. Also, the “Urasoe Mayor Award” and “Uru Mayor Award” are presented to 12 genres, and the “Okinawa Educational Publication Award” is somewhat out of the prize-winning works of 16 or over in each department.
- (3)“Awards ceremony / joint celebration ” will be held On March 24, 2018 at 4:30PM, at Urasoeshi Tedako Hall
Okinawa Exhibition Office, Cultural Affairs Bureau, Okinawa Times’ Reader Bureau
2-2-2, Kumoji, Naha-shi, 900-8678
Tel: 098 – 860 – 3588 (weekdays from 10 o’clock to 17 o’clock)
About the result announcement
It will be posted on the Okinawa Times press (the schedule below) and on the website.
|Sculpture and crafts (dyeing)||Friday, January 19, 2018|
|Crafts (textiles)||January 20 (Saturday)|
|Crafts (Lacquerware / Ceramics)||January 21 (Sunday)|
|Crafts (glass • wood craft)||January 22 (Monday)|
|Photo||January 25 (Thursday)|
|Printmaking, graphic design||Friday, January 26|
|Writing||January 31 (Wednesday)|
|painting||February 3 (Saturday)|
About the exhibition
Dates : March 21, 2018 (Wednesday, Holiday) – April 8 (Sunday), totally 19 days
Venue : Urasoe Gymnastics
Admission : Adults 1,000 yen, Children 500 yen (Advance tickets are discounted by 100 yen)
Joint Event Planning
Visitor Prize “Okinawa’s One Point Award”
During the exhibition, visitors see all of 12 genres of products exhibited at the venue and visitors also their favorite product and vote.
The writers of the top number of works selected, we will present award certificates and souvenirs.
Participants’ project “Everyone’s One Award” started last year (the 69th Okinawa Exhibition) was very popular, 7,994 votes gathered in 12 days, and 50% of the visitors voted.
▼ Click here for article on Oki Exhibition,
Detailed rule of application (attention on exhibition) ※ Must read
- (1)To apply, please use the prescribed “Oki Exhibition List” form and fill in all the bold lines.
- (2)”Unpublished work” in the Oki Exhibition is a work produced by a person himself/herself, and it is a work that has not won a prize or a prize in a competition etc. (Personal Exhibition, group exhibitions, graduation exhibitions, etc. are regarded as the final presentation). However, there are some exceptions according to the regulations of each genre, so confirm “the rule of application”.
- (3)For judging, exhibition space, exhibition method etc, it is determined at the sole discretion of the organizers.
- (4)We pay close attention to keeping submissions. In case of accident or damage due to others, we will keep damages indemnity insurance and will compensate for damages on the premise of restoration within the amount compensated by the insurance. However, the organizer is not responsible for the damage, etc. of the work due to force majeure. Those who seem to need it please subscribe to insurance at your own discretion.
- (5)Exhibitor should obtain permission individually for copyright and portrait rights. Make sure that copyright and portrait rights problems do not arise and handle problems at the exhibitor’s responsibility if problems arise.
- (6)If the organizer acknowledges that the exhibitor has some influence on screening, carrying-in / carrying-out, exhibitions, etc. even after accepting the work, he/she should follow the instructions by the organizer.
- (7)Relevant to Oki Exhibition, the exhibitors know that it will be used for printed materials such as TV, newspapers, magazines, and Internet of works, photos and articles etc. and agree to leave the publication and copyright to the organizer.
- (8) For information on exhibited works about Prize • Winner and Okinawa Members • Associate Members, will be announced in Okinawa Times publications, publications inside catalogs, catalogs, “exhibition cards” in exhibition halls, etc.
- (9)Those that are against the provisions of the application guidelines shall be disqualified.